Monday, July 11, 2011

Shopping, Guinness, and Music! Oh my!

We started out day 2 in Ireland bright and early by getting up at 8 to grab a quick free breakfast at the hostel...and then went right back to bed til 11.

When we finally did set out for the day we first hit up an outlet mall where Courtney had shopped her last time she was here and was pining to relive some memories. We spent a solid, and excruciating, hour in the mall. I guess it wasn't all bad, there was a food vendor selling fresh crepes and I got a very delicious crepe with chocolate and strawberries.

We then emerged from the mall to....crows....lots and lots of crows...everywhere...It was really weird to see so many crows about...usually that is some kind of omen for zombies or something....which could have been awesome...zombies vs. carbmonsters....I think I'll pitch that idea to Universal when I get back to the States....I'm soo gonna make millions....but I digress.
After the shopping I needed 16floz of Guinness....stat. So we hopped in to the first pub we saw. Which was the aptly named "Courtney's." We hung out there for a bit, recharged our Irish batteries, made note of the live music to be playing later in the evening and set back out for more shopping! But this shopping wasn't as bad as it was just wandering around Killarney looking for souvenirs.

We grabbed lunch at a restaurant which shall remain nameless....

and moving on....

We did some more wandering around and had dinner at a nice restaurant with a very scary waitress. Made me feel like I was in the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld. The food, however, was really quite delicious....just like the Soup Nazi episode.

We then walked back over to Courtney's to listen to the live music which would be performed there.

We sat, drank, sang, and had a good relaxing time.

We also decided to channel the kidos we left behind in the States.
Courtney channeled her little Yorkie puppy dog:


Charlee


And I channeled my not so happily photographed kitty:

Ruger

As much fun as this trip and Ireland is....We miss you both.




ps: There were 2 posts today, so click here for Day 1 of Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the posts and the pictures.

    Need MORE.

    Instead of the cookie monster I feel like I'm the story monster. More stories!

    ReplyDelete